Day 360: Marinated Baked Chicken

I have to admit, this was one of those meals where I threw together what I had in the fridge and pantry just so we could eat something.  I really didn't plan ahead.  Actually, we were lucky to have something to eat!  But it turned out well.  I served this chicken with a green salad, baked spaghetti squash and pumpkin scones (which I'll post later this afternoon) and it made a tasty meal.  I didn't marinate my chicken because I was running behind lazy.

Marinated Baked Chicken
12" dutch oven

1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder

Combine all the ingredients except the chicken and set aside 1/4 cup.  Place the remaining 3/4 cup into a resealable plastic bag.  Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours. Drain the chicken, discarding the marinade.  Place the chicken in a greased dutch oven and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Brush the chicken with the reserved marinade several times during baking.  Serves 6.

The Finished Product


The Review

I really wish I'd marinated the chicken.  It had such good flavor, I can only imagine how much better it would have tasted if I'd made it properly.  Funny how that works!  :)  The meat was so tender that we could cut it with a fork.  This is very simple and easy and yummy.  Even my little kids liked it. We gave this a B+.

Comments